Competition is open to artists in Darke County and the surrounding area.
1. Original art work only. All art work must be original in concept, design and execution. Copies of other art work or published photographs from calendars, magazines, etc., will be rejected. Copying photos taken by the artist or hired by the artist are acceptable. Works will be juried and judged Thursday, Spetember 21.
2. Current work. All art work must have been completed within the last two years and not shown in a previous Greenville Art Guild Show.
3. Hanging. All art work to be hung must be properly matted, framed and wired suitable for its media, weight and size and must be dry. Gallery wrap at least 1 1/2 inches with art painted completely around sides. (Wet works or saw tooth hangers are not accepted)
4. Labeling. The entry identification labels provided must be affixed to the back left bottom corner of a hanging piece or to the bottom of a standing work.
5.Substitutions: Once entries are mailed, no other work may be substituted..
6. Entrants Must be 18 (except students)
Professional: Earning part or all of your living from art, holding an art degree or competing previously as a professional.
Amateur: Attending art school or your art is primarily recreational.
Student: Ages 14 through 22 in school.
Entry Agreement: Each artist may enter three (3) works for one entry fee. Guild retains 20% commission on all works sold at the show.
Fee: Guild members $12.00
Awards: Money or merchandise is awrded for works deemed superior by the judge. An amateur and professional Best of Show will be awarded. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be given in professional an amateur categories with at least 6 entries. An award will be given in each category with 1-5 entries.
Purchase Awards: We will have $150 purchase awards. Keep this price range in mind when pricing your art work.
Liability: Reasonable precautions will be taken to insure art safety. However, the guild will not be responsible for loss or damage to any art work.