SHOW SCHEDULES..................................ENTRY FORMS
FALL ART SHOW-2017
Competition is open to artists in Darke County and the surrounding area.
1. Original art work only. All art work must be original in concept, design and execution. Copies of other art work or published photographs from calendars, 20magazines, etc., will be rejected. Copying from pictures taken by the artist or hired by the artist is accepted. Works will be juried and judged Thursday, Spetember 24. The Guild reserves the right to refuse any entry and to withdraw from the exhibit any art work not complying with the rules.
2. Current work. All art work must have been completed within the last two years and not shown in a previous Greenville Art Guild Show.
3. Hanging. All art work that is to be hung must be properly framed and wired (no sawtooth hangers) suitable for the weight and size of the piece. All work must be dry. Gallery wrap at least 1 1/2 in. with art painted completely around sides. (Wet works and saw tooth hangers are not accepted).
4. Labeling. The entry identification labels provided must be affixed to the back left bottom corner of a hanging piece or to the bottom of a standing piece.
5.Substitutions: Once entries are mailed, no other work may be substituted for them.
6. Entrants, other than students, must be 18 years of age or older.
Professional: Earn part/all of your living from the art, hold an art degree, competed previously as a professional,.
AMATEUR: Attending art school or your purpose is primarily recreational.
STUDENT: Ages 14 through 22 in school.
Entry Agreement: Each artist may enter up to three
works. A 20% commission will be retained by the Greenville Art Guild on any art work sold at the show.
Purchase Awards: We will have $150 purchase awards. Keep this price range in mind when pricing your art work.
MEMBERS: $12 for up to three entries.
NON-MEMBERS: $25 for up to three entries.
For information call Marilyn Banks 937-678-6870.
Note: All art work must remain in the show until the pick up time, Wed., Sept 30, 5 to 7. p.m. A late fee of $5.00 will be charged for any art work picked up late. Any art work not claimed within 15 days of release will become the property of the Greenville Art Guild.
Purchase Awards: We will have $150 purchase awards so keep this in mind when pricing your work.
Awards: Money or merchandise will be awarded to artists whose works are deemed superior by the judge. Every category, regardless of number of entries, will receive an award.
Members and Volunteers: Members need to be sure to sign up for staffing the show. Also volunteers are needed to assist on the days of delivery and pick up, as well as hosting during the show. Please sign up on Entry Form.
Liability: All reasonable precautions will be taken to insure art safety. However, the Greenville Art Guild will not be responsible for loss or damage to any art work.